My Referrals - how to make referrals
- What is My Referrals?
- Who can benefit from My Referrals?
- How can you make referrals?
- How much can you earn?
- How are referral discounts and earnings paid?
- When do I earn my referral payments?
- How do I monitor my referrals?
1. What is My Referrals?
My Referrals is a reward scheme that can earn you money for introducing new customers to our service. You then earn money every single month they stay! Find out more by reading the My Referrals Terms and Conditions.[Top]
2. Who can benefit from My Referrals?
Any Plusnet customer can benefit from the My Referrals scheme.[Top]
3. How can you make referrals?
All you need to do is tell your friends, family and colleagues about Plusnet. Tell them to provide your Plusnet username when they sign up.
We provide two easy ways to help you make referrals:
- Referrals banners - Got a website or blog? Put one of our banner images on the site and benefit from referrals from visitors to your site
- Referrals email - Help your friends find us by sending them an email
See our Top 5 Referral Tips page for more help in making referrals.
4. How much can you earn?
No limits! Refer enough people and you could be getting Free Broadband and earning money too - unlike most loyalty reward schemes, My Referrals payments are paid every month.
Note that the money you earn from a referral can decrease if the person you refer downgrades their account, and can go up if they upgrade their account. Find out what you can earn with each referral you make on our Referrals Values page.[Top]
5. How are referral discounts and earnings paid?
If you have a subscription account: Each month that a referred customer pays their subscription, the referrals value for their chosen product is discounted from your subscription. If your referrals discounts becomes larger than your subscription fee, the surplus amount is paid to you, either by cheque, or is automatically put into your account, if you pay by Direct Debit
Want to change your billing to Direct Debit? Just update Payment Details.
Note that it is not possible to pay money onto a credit or debit card.
- If you have a free account: Each month that a referred customer pays their subscription, the referral value for their product is credited to your account. When this credit exceeds £5, it is paid to your account via BACS or Direct Debit.
6. When do I earn my referral payments?
Firstly we need to take payment from the customer you have recommended. Please note that this means that it can take several weeks from the sign up of your referral before you see your payment. If the customer you referred chooses to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive your referral earnings at the same frequency.
- If you have a subscription account: Your subscription charges are discounted on your next billing date, for as long as your referral keeps their product
- If you have a free account: Your referrals payment is credited to your account each time your referred customer makes a subscription payment. Payment is made to you every time your accumulated credit exceeds £5
7. How do I monitor my referrals?
Once you have made referrals you can monitor them on your Current Referrals page.
- This bar shows the amount you're due this month and the day it'll be deducted from your bill
- If you're using our referral tools, this box shows how many clicks you're getting
- Here you can see details of the accounts you've referred, including how many discounts (tokens) each account has earned for you
This page last updated 31st August 2010